Thrills expects all suppliers to adhere and commit to the following minimum requirements:
No Child Labour
• Must not recruit or employ any worker under the age permitted by local and national regulations and legislation.
• The age for admission to employment shall not be less than the legal requirement and the age of completion of compulsory schooling.
• No child and young persons under 18 shall be employed at night or in hazardous conditions.
• Provide for the transition of any child labor individual to enable them to attend and remain in quality education until no longer a child.
No Forced Labor & Illegal Migrant Labor
• There is no forced, bonded, or involuntary and/or prison labor.
• Migrant labour is engaged in compliance with immigration and labour laws in the country of employment. Employment is freely chosen and workers are free to leave after a reasonable notice period.
• Workers are not withheld of their personal documentation including passport or identity papers.
• Under no circumstances should workers be required to pay fees or leave deposits to gain employment in their home country or the country of employment.
Freedom of Association & Collective Bargaining
• Ensure the voices of their workers are heard including representation, mediation and conflict resolution.
• Where legal Ensure workers feel free to join a trade union without fear of persecution or discrimination.
• Respect the legal right to freedom of association and collective bargaining, including unionization where legal under local law.
Workplace Health & Safety
• Provide a safe and healthy work environment.
• Provide access to clean toilet facilities and drinking water.
• Provide access to adequate lighting, ventilation, fire extinguishers, and fire exits.
• Where provided - accommodation shall be clean, safe, and meet the basic needs of the workers.
• Ensure the structural safety of their facilities.
• Ensure that an Emergency Management Plan and a Workplace Safety Management System are in place and overseen by a senior management representative.
• Provide existing, new, and reassigned workers with regular and recorded health and safety training.
• Pay all wages correctly based on their local laws at a minimum, national legal standards whichever is higher.
• Ensure wages are enough to meet basic needs and to provide some discretionary income.
• Ensure wages are paid on time.
• Ensure workers are provided clear and detailed information about their wages before they enter
employment and during each pay period concerned.
• Do not apply any deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure.
• Ensure workers are offered an employment contract.
• Working hours for all workers shall comply with national/local laws and/or the industry benchmark whichever affords greater protection for workers.
• Work hours aren’t excessive, and overtime is voluntary.
• Overtime is used responsibly.
• Overtime is compensated for at a premium rate.
• Overtime shall be defined by the contract and shall not exceed 36 hours per month.
• Workers shall be provided with at least one day off in every seven-day period or, where allowed
by national law, two days off in every 14-day period.
• Implement measures to control working hours, such as recruiting more employees according to
No Harsh or Inhumane Treatment
Suppliers must abstain from any form of physical abuse or discipline, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment, verbal abuse, or other forms of intimidation.
Suppliers must ensure there is no discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination, or retirement based on race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership, or political affiliation.
Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption
Suppliers must take all reasonable measures to conduct their business activities ethically, without bribery, corruption, or any type of fraudulent or unethical behavior including during any audits conducted by, or on behalf of, Thrills.
Thrills will not tolerate or participate under any circumstances in any form of bribery and corruption in any shape or form in dealing with suppliers/subcontractors’ business partners and employees.
At Thrills we are aware of the harmful impact the production of fashion has on the environment and are committed to supporting our partners in tracking, understanding, and minimizing that impact. We envision integrating environmental standards and targets into our day-to-day operations and hope for our suppliers to support us through this vision.
We require all our suppliers to:
• Comply with local and national laws related to environmental standards.
• Develop and implement a formal policy that outlines their approach to managing environmental
impacts within their control.
• Manage and monitor initiatives that reduce impacts on natural resources, greenhouse gas
emissions, waste, air and water pollution, and energy and water consumption.
• Avoid using single-use plastic packaging and seek opportunities to use recycled and recyclable
packaging materials where practicable.
• Provide relevant data if requested do so by Thrills.
Banned Raw Materials /Substances/ Practices
• Thrills products must not include cotton originating from Xinjiang. If the supplier suspects cotton from the supply chain originates from this region, we expect them to report this as soon as possible so we can conduct an assessment based on Thrills Supplier Remediation Process.
• Thrills products must not include any banned animal derived materials mentioned in the Thrills Animal Welfare Policy.
• Suppliers must not use hazardous chemicals that present a risk to human health or the environment during production, use, or disposal. Suppliers must also ensure products do not contain chemicals higher than the recommended concentration as listed in the below ACCC Product Safety guidance document.